Wednesday, March 27, 2013

GET YOUR MARCH ON!!



Hola my beauties, Happy Wednesday!
I am coming to you today tear free…well kinda since my last post :)
This one may be a tear jerker but for good and sad reasons….sorry.
Strap in we are going on a March….

Okay so almost 11 years ago, I was blessed with the opportunity to carry a beautiful baby boy. I was blessed to carry him for 5 ½ months. I felt his every move, I felt his kicks, I felt his flutter. It was the most beautiful thing I could ever experience. 

Just before approaching my 6th month, I went into labor. At the time I had no idea what I was experiencing, but there were cramps (contractions) fluid leaking (water broke) and a lot of grunting (pushhhhhing). In the hospital I ended up giving birth to an angel named Malachi. (Ma-luh-kai for pronunciation)



However, God saw fit to take my angel back to Heaven with Him. On May 26, 2002 I became a mother, but on that day I also had to let go of my child. It was one of the worse moments of my life. My son died in my arms, he was so beautiful, he was so tiny, and he was mine. Whatever, the reason God saw fit to take him I have accepted and have moved forward with my life, but never forgetting the beautiful blessing I was blessed with if even for a short time.

The pain never really goes away, and when I see little babies I remember my son, when I see children around the age he would be I think of my son, and when I hear his name, I wonder what my son is doing and what he would be like if he were alive.

Because of this, I chose to honor my son and his memory every year by participating in the March of Dimes (please click link for more info) The March of Dimes is an organization that helps and supports families that have had premature babies and also help women have full term pregnancies so that they do not have to experience what I experienced or so many other women I know had to experience.


A blurb from March of Dimes
“When you walk in March for Babies, you give hope to the more than half a million babies born too soon each year. The money you raise supports programs in your community that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. And it funds research to find answers to the problems that threaten our babies. We’ve been walking since 1970 and have raised an incredible $2 billion to benefit all babies.”

This is why this organization is so near and dear to my heart. I want to spread the word about this organization and my personal story. I am not a sales person so I am not going to ask you for money. I do ask that if you can find it in your heart to support me and this amazing organization I would GREATLY appreciate it. By support I mean spreading the word, sharing this post, sharing my personal Malachi_Angel link around so people can get involve, or if you are in the So-Cal area and would love to join me in the 5K walk that is happening on Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at Balboa Park you can also sign up by clicking the link above. If you do feel led in your heart to donate then you may do so online, and remember it is safe and confidential and it is tax deductible. That’s always a plus!!

Thank you for letting me pour my heart out to you, my beautiful readers and thank you for always taking the time to read my post and support me.

Peace & Love

SS <3

Please watch this video if you can!

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine your pain though I suffered a lost it's incomparable to yours. I remember you first telling me about your little angel. I am so proud of you and for doing this awesome walk in name of Malachi! I will def. pass the word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I want to hug you. I am so sorry for your loss. :(

    Second, thank you for sharing with us. Every time I read a little bit more about you,I am convinced that you are an amazing woman. You have endured so much and still move forward. That my friend is admirable.

    I commend you for turning a tragety into something positive and helping other babies. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete